My story is going to sound very familiar to you. Many moons ago, I was in a high-paying job working with some major brands as an Art Director in the agency world. But…there was a wee problem. I was bored as hell and completely uninspired.
Every time I clocked into the office, my self-worth and creativity would take a major dive. I was pumping out design work that left me feeling creatively frustrated even though my clients loved it. I’d sit through hours (and hours!) of meetings wanting to be anywhere else but that boardroom.
For 8 hours or more a day I felt completely stuck and I was constantly asking myself: what the hell am I doing here?
Something have to give. The thought of moving to another agency (despite the offers) didn’t appeal to me. I wanted to run as far away as possible from the corporate world as I could. I felt that my only option was to quit to see where I landed. And so I did and I officially became a corporate dropout.
I’m now a brand strategist and designer partnering up with business owners to bring their brand story to life through creative visual identities and strategically crafted digital experiences.
Design is a form of storytelling and by creating visual brand identities and beautifully crafted websites, I help you put your business out into the world with confidence and purpose you dream about.
I don’t consider myself to be just a graphic designer though. I also bring a lot of strategic thinking to the table (I spent 10+ years in the agency world) as well as a no bullshit approach for getting you where you want to be in your business.
If you need a creative partner in your corner, let’s join forces.
Random stuff about me
- I was born and raised in East Yorkshire, England. I moved to Toronto, Canada on a one-way flight in 1998 and I’ve been here ever since. I do miss home though. Mmm…fish ‘n’ chips with mushy peas. Gimme some!
- I’m a shorty coming in at 5’ 3”! But don’t let my height fool you. I pack a pretty wicked right strike (my left is coming along nicely too!) thanks to boxing training. Ask my boyfriend (he trains me). I’ve sent him to the ground before.
- I can’t watch or read anything to do with animal abuse or animals in need. I’ll ball like a baby and it ain’t pretty. This also includes watching wildlife shows. I get the food chain but still, I don’t need to see that shit. Happy animal stories only please!
- Speaking of animals… I have two dogs, Arthur and Seamus. They are both Golden Retrievers. You can usually find them dominating my Instagram feed.
- Yes, you spell my name like Adele ‘the singer’. If I had a penny for every time I’ve been asked this I’d be a rich woman. Okay maybe I wouldn’t but everyone has their “the fish was this big!” story right? This is mine for now.
- Words I can’t spell correctly off the bat include definitely, inevitably and collaborate. J (that’s my boyfriend) always spells ‘which’ as ‘witch’ and I effing love it. Spelling gods, get over it! It makes me smile. Although if they’d like to fix my spelling woes, I’d be okay with that.
- I never finished high school. I quit a few weeks away from graduating. I suspect it was mainly due to my perfectionism but I don’t care to dig that far back.
- I find writing about me pages so hard! I know you probably feel the same way. Writing this thing was like pulling teeth. That said, if you still have questions about who I am (or anything else), please get in touch with me.